Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Hey everyone, 

​S​
orry I forgot to tell you 
​that ​
on transfer weeks our preparation day switches, so I'm writing on Monday this week. 

We received transfer calls on Friday morning. Sister Albiston and I thought I would be staying, because she and her last companion
​ were​ both
 completely new 
​as a ​
companionship 
​to​
 the area. But
​,​
 we got our transfer calls and I am being transferred to a city called Haaga just outside of the Espoo/Helsinki area. I'll be with Sister Nelson since Sister Albiston is going home this week. I'm a little sad to leave Lahti because we made friends with a lot of the members and we had some amazing investigators. But I'm excited for a new experience!

​One experience we had​ a
 week ago, 
​was when ​
we were out tracting door to door
​, we felt impressed to ​
knock on this lady's door
​. W​
e gave her a Book of Mormon and she told us we could come back. So, we came back and she had read the introduction and the testimonies of the Book of Mormon. She had so many of the perfect questions that just led straight into the Restoration. We briefly taught her about the Restoration and how we got the Book of Mormon and about Joseph Smith. After a couple seconds in silence, she said to us, "I should probably tell you two that when you knocked on my door, I was reading from the 
​B​
ible about 
​'
knock and it shall be opened, ask and ye shall receive
​'​
. As I was reading that, I heard a knock on the door and though
​t​
, oh that's probably angels at my door. And when I opened the door and you sisters told me you had a message about Jesus Christ, I thought, wow, this is  something I should really
​ ​
look into
​!​
" We told her that when we go out 
​searching for 
people
​ to teach​
, we don't just go to each and every door
​, one after the other​
. We pray first for guidance, then we 
​feel inspiration to ​
pick a 
​certain ​
door, and today, that door was yours." The Spirit was so strong, and we knew that Heavenly Father had prepared her to be ready for 
​H​
is message 
​to her​
. She has accepted it so well, and she loves hearing from us. We have been in two lessons with her since then, but we also had to say goodbye in our latest lesson. She was really sad to see us go because she recognized 
​and felt ​
​a​
 differe
nt spirit​
  when we were in the room. We told her that there were new sisters that could come, she really hesitated, but reluctantly agreed to let them come. We got her address so we could continue to write her. 

Anyway, I meet my new companion on Wednesday. I'm excited to be able to meet her, and to be in a big city. I'll send pictures next week, but until then, I love you all so much!

​​
Rakkaudellani,​​
-Sisar Capps
Myöhempien Aikojen Pyhien Jeesuksen Kristuksen Kirkko

No comments:

Post a Comment