Saturday, May 21, 2016

Hi all! 
     Just finishing my first full day at the MTC! It has been long but soo great!! My companion is Sisar (Sister in Finnish) Barrus. She is a great example, a spiritual giant and keeps me on schedule! I love her already.
     Our first day we had a class in Finnish. Our teacher (oppetaja) is not allowed to speak English with us, so that first class was a mixture of laughing and crying internally for all of us. There are 6 sisters in our class and only one elder. He and his companion have to split up for class because there weren't enough Elders going into Finland. 
     My first night was a little rough. We all got to sleep on time, but I didn't fall asleep right away and continually woke up through the night. But they all say that's normal, make it till Sunday and the rest of it will be a breeze-ish and you'll sleep like a baby. It's amazing how the Lord has helped me stay on schedule and get everything done despite such small amounts of time to complete them. 
     The food is actually pretty good. But I'm sure with how long I'll be here (9 weeks), we'll get used to it. The MTC is actually very welcoming. I have yet to feel like "just another missionary," but then again I have only been here a little over 24 hours. 
     All six of us Finland-bound sisters are in the same room/dorm. You'd think it would be rowdy or messy, but it's actually pretty tidy and quiet. All the sisters are amazing and I love them all and we get along famously. 
The Spirit is soo strong here and it is such an essential tool in everything we do. We've met with our zone, as well as branch, and it is such an amazing experience to see the hand of the Lord in everything we do. I've even learned somewhat how to pray in Finnish. It's a process and I'm getting there, but I can already see the gift of tongues at work. 
     In the main building there are a ton of pictures and paintings in the main building here that are so powerful that the Spirit emanates from them and testify of the work we are doing here. I wish everyone could see them.
Sorry I don't have a ton of time tonight. My thoughts are kinda scattered. But our P-day is on Thursday! I didn't have the chance to come grab my camera before we came to the computers, but I'll bring it next time and send some pictures home.
I'm loving it here! It's so great and my testimony grows more each day!
Nähdään (see ya)!

-Sisar Capps
Myöhempien Aikojen Pyhien Jeesuksen Kristuksen Kirkko


Mom,
I had an interview with my branch pres. and he asked me my favorite thing is about the gospel, and I told him the temple, and he thought that was really interesting, asked me why, I told him you taught me the lessons and took me to the temple almost every day lately and he told me he doesn't hear that too often. :)
Love you, mom!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment